Dec 22, 2008

On Meeting an 'Else' (engl)

What conclusions have I come to these days?

It turns out that people pretty much differ from each other. Perhaps I do not have to expect someone else’s point of view to always coincide with mine - even when I wish to or when it seems so. I’ve spent the past 2-3 days pretty much in pondering and reflecting on why it sometimes turns out like that in people’s relations. Then I talked to a friend of mine who turned out to be the perfect “advise-giver” at that point and our conversation made me sit down and just think over the situation. But what was more important; to think over it out of the influence of any kind of negative emotions; to think completely sober and clear!

I still think that life has made me come across this particular person who is, well... just a different sort of person (I have to get used to the thought that I would come across all sorts of people in my life!!!). And I am thankful for that! Because just when you think you know more or less everything about people, that you have already got an idea of how interrelation and communication between people goes and there comes the BANG!!. It seems as if Life slaps you in the face telling you ‚So what? Did you possibly think that you know it all?’. Man, Life rules! How can one come to not loving it? :)

There is something unique in relations. And still, in the given situation I have also come to a second conclusion (except the one that people DO NOT always see things as I see them). It goes:

You have to approach with good. Even when it feels like you can’t show understanding for the other side. If you really feel that you are not yet able to show understanding – leave it aside! Just start with goodwill. Just be good. Respect the other side’s point of view – no matter what it is, no matter if you like it or not. Goodwill and goodness are the starting point. And the starting point is the most important one of all. You know why? It is just because all other points on the line of people’s relations depend on this very starting point. And if you screw up that first one, if you set on it any other emotion, rather than goodwill and well-wishing, then you are destined to fail, and nothing but non-constructive communication and relation with people.

I see it so clearly now! And I fully believe in what I’ve just written.

Be good !!

No comments: